Monday, June 14, 2010

GERMANS steal the show!!!

I have been a fan of Germany since the time I started watching football and till today, I have never been disappointed. The Germans are like a well oiled machine. With the introduction of youngsters mixed with the experienced players, they have made sure that they take the center stage. No more are they the dark horses as many pundits predicted, they have made everybody take notice of their football. And it isn’t the same anymore with a rugged styled of German play as seen from the past few years. It is more of a systematic and an intelligent game play. They are probably the first team whom I feel have known to use the ‘Jabulani Football’ to the optimum. As one of my best buddy says; Germany will always remain my default best team to win the world cup and I will surely be looking forward to their next game. As of now, the person more happier than me will be my girlfriend cause she knows that she is going to get a treat for sure tomorrow. Finally this is the first time that she is smiling after I was diagnosed with high ‘football fever’

Speaking of that, tomorrow ‘TOTAL FOOTBALL’ takes over and everybody in the stadium will be as ORANGE as ever. Holland will probably showcase one of the best styles of attacking football and attacking formations ever. If you are new to the game of football, I would want you to see the match tomorrow at 5 pm. You can expect to see a lot of goals in that match although Denmark obviously will be a tough nut to crack. Cameroon versus Japan in my case will be a lopsided affair. Cameroon probably has too many good players with them and Japanese have not been convincing in their qualifying stages. I would go for a 2-0 win for sure.

Call me biased but I really don’t favor the Italians this time around. They are very old, very predictable and with the newer stars shining in the world of football, I cannot see how a world class goalkeeper like Buffon or a defensive power like the Azzurris can manage to stop youngsters like Messi, Torres or Ronaldo. But then again, Italians have always known to find a solution out of every problem. They relatively have an easier group but Paraguay is looking like a dangerous team to me. I will go for a draw because Italians are yet to convince me on the big stage this time around. With the average age way beyond their prime, Italians have a tough task ahead of them

To end this conversation for today, heard this ridiculous press conference where Fabio Capello was defending his England side by saying that he was convinced by their performance. Yeah right! England was just like France: all stars and no show. The USA was miles ahead in their performance against them. Fabio Capello needs to take his players back to the woodshed.

Viva la football… and looking forward to Cameroon celebrations if their players score a goal

No comments:

Post a Comment